Custom T-Shirts

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

On Second Thoughts hidden in a strip mall on 221

This photo along with other works of mine can be found at Second Thoughts


I remember when I first discovered On Second Thoughts.  I was waiting for someone in a strip mall off 221, and something caught my eye.  People were coming in and out through the doors in a brisk pace.  Curious I watched more.  This store in its unlikely location was drawing quite a crowd of customers all carrying bags and assorted merchandise.  The more I watched the more fascinated I became.  This store was doing a heck of a business.

My curiosity got the best of me and I just had to look inside.  To my amazement this was not a junk shop all the merchandise was upscale: Well presented and extremely high quality products.  Things that struck me was the cleanliness of the store, the friendliness of the staff and the superb quality of all the merchandise offered.

My thoughts were this is an ideal place to offer my photos for sale.  And I just so happened to have some framed prints in the trunk.  Since that day several years ago, I have had a fantastic business relationship with LeighAnn Davidson the owner of the shop.  She has a nature about her which depicts professionalism and friendliness.  And she is both.  She has become a friend as has the rest of the staff and they all have supported my photography since I first started bringing it in.  I almost have more pleasure by their reaction to photos then when the sales happen.

Looking through her shop you will find some interesting treasures.  One, I particularly enjoyed seeing was an oil painting by Bruce Maybry.  It was beautiful.  It was a landscape of the City of Lynchburg from a hill in Madison Heights.  A goat was on the hill overlooking the city.  What a rare and beautiful find.  One time the story of the goat appeared in a writing by Darrell Laurant.  I can't find the story again, but it added interest in this beautiful painting. And there are more one of a kind interesting items just waiting to be found by you.

On Second Thoughts has a wide assortment of home decor items, furniture, and beautiful art.  It has become one of my favorite stores to visit and I am not alone.  The crowds never cease entering the door.  They know that very special treasure is waiting to be found by them.

On Second Thoughts can be found in Google Maps, be sure to add it to your GPS.  







.

No comments:

Post a Comment